Deploying Trains Server: Windows 10
For Windows, we recommend launching our pre-built Docker image on a Linux virtual machine (see Deploying Trains Server: Linux or Mac OS X. However, you can launch Trains Server on Windows 10 using Docker Desktop for Windows (see the Docker System Requirements).
To deploy your Trains Server on Windows 10, do the following:
- Install the Docker Desktop for Windows application by either:
- Increase the memory allocation in Docker Desktop to 4GB.
- In your Windows notification area (system tray), right click the Docker icon.
- Click Settings, Advanced, and then set the memory to at least 4096.
- Click Apply.
- Remove any previous installation of Trains Server.
This clears all existing Trains SDK databases.
rmdir c:\opt\trains /s
- Create local directories for data and logs. Open PowerShell and execute the following commands:
cd c: mkdir c:\opt\trains\data mkdir c:\opt\trains\logs
- Save the Trains Server docker-compose YAML file.
cd c:\opt\trains curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/allegroai/trains-server/master/docker-compose-win10.yml -o docker-compose-win10.yml
- Run docker-compose. In PowerShell, execute the following commands:
docker-compose -f docker-compose-win10.yml up
Your server is now running on http://localhost:8080.
After deploying Trains Server, the services expose the following node ports:
- Web server on port 8080.
- API server on port 8008.
- File server on port 8081.
For detailed instructions, see Trains Server in Windows 10, see Upgrading Trains Server.