Allegro Trains Community
Join the Allegro Trains Conversation
If you have any questions, post on our allegroai-trains Slack Channel.
Or, tag your questions on stackoverflow with the trains tag.
You can always find us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Allegro AI resources
Read our Allegro Blog.
Subscribe to our Allegro AI Youtube Channel and view our tutorials, presentations, and discussions.
Join us on Twitter (@allegroAI) for Allegro AI announcements and community discussions.
Follow Allegro AI on LinkedIn.
Guidelines for contributing
We thank you for taking the time to contribute!
The following is a set of guidelines for contributing to Trains. These are primarily guidelines, not rules. Use your best judgment and feel free to propose changes to this document in a pull request.
This section guides you through submitting a bug report for Trains. By following these guidelines, you help maintainers and the community understand your report, reproduce the behavior, and find related reports.
Before creating bug reports, please check whether the bug you want to report already appears here. You may discover that you do not need to create a bug report. When you are creating a bug report, please include as much detail as possible.
If you find a closed issue that may be the same issue which you are currently experiencing, then open a new issue, and include a link to the original (closed) issue in the body of your new one.
Explain the problem and include additional details to help maintainers reproduce the problem:
- Use a clear and descriptive title for the issue to identify the problem.
- Describe the exact steps necessary to reproduce the problem in as much detail as possible. Please do not just summarize what you did. Make sure to explain how you did it.
- Provide the specific environment setup. Include the
pip freezeoutput, specific environment variables, Python version, and other relevant information.
- Provide specific examples to demonstrate the steps. Include links to files or GitHub projects, or copy/paste snippets which you use in those examples.
- If you are reporting any Trains crash, include a crash report with a stack trace from the operating system. Make sure to add the crash report in the issue and place it in a code block, a file attachment, or just put it in a gist (and provide link to that gist).
- Describe the behavior you observed after following the steps and the exact problem with that behavior.
- Explain which behavior you expected to see and why.
- For Web-App issues, please include screenshots and animated GIFs which recreate the described steps and clearly demonstrate the problem. You can use LICEcap to record GIFs on macOS and Windows, and silentcast or byzanz on Linux.
This section guides you through submitting an enhancement suggestion for Trains, including completely new features and minor improvements to existing functionality. By following these guidelines, you help maintainers and the community understand your suggestion and find related suggestions.
We track enhancement suggestions in GitHub issues. After you determine which repository your enhancement suggestion is related to, create an issue on that repository and provide the following:
- A clear and descriptive title for the issue to identify the suggestion.
- A step-by-step description of the suggested enhancement in as much detail as possible.
- Specific examples to demonstrate the steps. Include copy/pasteable snippets which you use in those examples as Markdown code blocks.
- Describe the current behavior and explain which behavior you expected to see instead and why.
- Include screenshots or animated GIFs which help you demonstrate the steps or point out the part of Trains which the suggestion relates to. You can use LICEcap to record GIFs on macOS and Windows, and silentcast or byzanz on Linux.